Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Back from technical difficulties and more Open Space

Apologies for being away for so long. My internet access went bye-bye again. Finally got it properly fixed last night. One of the few downsides to living the rural life...

I just finished my first Open Space. It was just a short 1/2 day of a 1-1/2 day workshop that K. Louise Vincent and I put together, but it was amazing. There is nothing like proving to yourself that something really works the way you think it will. It was a remarkable experience in trust, humility, humour and Spirit. And I will blog about it more, but right now I am just too full and too damn tired.

Some of the many things that came up...the role of the Fool and the Void; the presence of Spirit; imagination, dream, and inspiration; naming the ghosts; trusting the group (and the process); the necessity of the political (or at least an underpinning analysis); the virtues of vulnerability; Joanna Macy; Angeles Arrien; Martin Buber; Thomas Merton; bell hooks; the colonization of love.

Okay, there's a taste of what's on the menu for the near future...taking self off to rest...

Before I trot off...Two more incredible posts from Dave Pollard--one on 12 ways to think differently and one on the end of civilization...

No comments: